The successful running of any mass production depends upon the interchangeability to facilitate easy assembly and reduction of unit cost. Mass production methods demand a fast and easy method of positioning work for accurate operations on it.
Jigs and fixtures are production tools used to accurately manufacture duplicate and interchangeable parts. Jigs and fixtures are specially designed so that large numbers of components can be machined or assembled identically, and to ensure interchangeability of components.
JIGS: – It is a work holding device that holds, supports and locates the workpiece and guides the cutting tool for a specific operation. Jigs are usually fitted with hardened steel bushings for guiding or other cutting tools. A jig is a type of tool used to control the location and/or motion of another tool. A jig’s primary purpose is to provide repeatability, accuracy, and interchangeability in the manufacturing of products. A device that does both functions (holding the work and guiding a tool) is called a jig.
Fixtures: – It is a work holding device that holds, supports and locates the work piece for a specific operation but does not guide the cutting tool. It provides only a reference surface or a device. What makes a fixture unique is that each one is built to fit a particular part or shape. The main purpose of a fixture is to locate and in some cases hold a work piece during either a machining operation or some other industrial process. A jig differs from a fixture in that it guides the tool to its correct position in addition to locating and supporting the work piece.
Highlights of our Jigs and Fixtures Design
- Highly qualified and experienced team of designers with an advanced level of dexterity with CAD design applications.
- Our ability to cater to your requirements in providing customized and innovative designs for your new product along with the best customer services.
- Our expertise in handling complex designs and new product development cycles.
- A blend of least turnaround time and affordable price, resulting in the best savings for you.
- An efficient design that reduces your production costs and the product lifecycle costs.
We specialize in:
- Machining Fixtures
- Welding Fixtures
- Testing Fixtures
- Production Fixtures
- Special Purpose Fixtures
- Woodworking jigs and framing jigs
- Boring Jig, Drilling Jig
- Open or Closed Jig
- Assembly fixtures
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic fixtures